Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sheepish

My apologies. Still here, still same old same old. The past month looks like this:

  • Decide on change of address.
  • Start a new Wordpress blog, which looks all professional but is less free than it first appears (charges to upload photos, charges to alter templates).
  • Start new Blogger blog.
  • Miss your old name.
  • Decide to just bite the bullet and switch over to the new Blogger, which they have been pushing at you for the past hundred years.
  • Click the switch button.
  • Thanks for your interest in the new version of Blogger! Unfortunately, we cannot switch your Blogger account at this time, because one or more of your blogs cannot be moved.
That'll teach me to doubt the new technology.

Anyway - let's hear it for old school Blogger! Rah! And for continuity and timelessness! Ahem.



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah for Old School!

DraconianOne said...

That's cunning - a way to fund a free product that's not so free if they host it for you.

Wordpress is fantastic but obviously the people who are going to say that are the people who have their own domain, webspace and handle their own installation etc.

Happy New Year btw.

Anonymous said...

Annie, it all looks so lovely and bright round here. Getting your spring cleaning in early. Quite right. A million best wishes for 2007. Hope everything will be perfect (or as close as can be).

Adrian said...

Like the new look. I like minimal clean-ness.

That "switch to new blogger" button has recently appeared for me. I'm afeared to hit it though, just in case it all goes tits up.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, we missed you. Happy New Year!

Shyha said...

Hey! Welcome Back! All the best in New Year!

Anonymous said...

Well, it *looks* different. I like it.

I was afraid to hit the switch as well, but apart from some very minor tweaks, it all went off without a hitch.

Happy New Year Annie!

Heather said...

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I know we've already discussed blogger in Beta and how it's transformed my life in the form of more girlfriends, bigger car, new house in posh neighbourhood, huge pay rise. And yet, has it brought me happiness I hear you ask? YOUFUCKINGBETYOURSWEETBOOBOOITBLOODYWELLHAS!

Plus it helped me win the national lottery.

It's beta all the way for Big D.

Re it not allowing you in. Well, it must be a conspiracy cos you're on the guest list, signed your name myself using one of those new Russian designed Platinum Parker pens from their Gangster range. It was jewel encrusted too.

Hang on at the door and I'll check, yes by that bouncer, no not that one the other one, yes him, with the scar, oh sorry, he ses that's his nose... be back soon...

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Happy New Year you. Hope it's super fabulous.

Billy said...

Welcome back! I wasn't allowed to switch either, for some unknown reason.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, all. Happy New Year!

Dan, Billy - even Beta rejects me *sniff*

Tim F said...

It didn't reject you, Annie. You just scare it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I feel so much better now Tim.

Anonymous said...

You're back! Huzzah!
Happy new year mate. :)

Annie said...

You too Rad x

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Pashmina! We missed you during your moving saga. There's a late Christmas present for you on this post...