Friday, April 20, 2007

Me me me

Seen at Billy's and The Whales...

1. PICK OUT A SCAR YOU HAVE, AND EXPLAIN HOW YOU GOT IT
Running for the bus, jumped on, aimed too low, whacked leg against bus step with full force of bodyweight behind it, saw everyone sitting on the bus make screwed-up 'ouch' face at me, passed out on bus with extreme pain. Nice little shiny scar on shin as a souvenir. Doh!

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
You really want to know? Framed Catwoman comic; weird poster from Brick Lane of lots of different types of the letter Y; Philip Lorca Dicorcia picture; Berlin by Rost picture; framed picture from a book called 'Photography at the Bauhaus'; Gillian Ayres poster; Paul Klee poster; Flamenco festival poster; pictures of family; tube map; Stieglitz poster of New York; Exhibition poster of Carme Sole Vendrell, a Catalan illustrator.

I like posters, me.

3. WHAT DOES YOUR PHONE LOOK LIKE?
Silver, shiny, ergonomic, you know, your regular mobile phone. I hate our landline phone, it's yellow plastic with a sticker of George Clooney on it which I did not put there.

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
I refer you to the mix tapes.

5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DESKTOP PICTURE?
You can see it right here!

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
I want the engineer to fix the washing machine so I can have clean underwear without braving the skanky launderette.

7. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIAGE?
Hm, I don't really believe in marriage full stop, but I do believe that gay people should be able to get married if they should so desire. It is rubbish that they can't.

8. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
My mum can't remember, despite the fact that it was on her own birthday so you'd think that it would have been memorable. Bah.

9. ARE YOUR PARENTS STILL TOGETHER?
Hahahaha! The very thought tickles me.

10. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
Some very dodgy lovers' rock which is drifting down from the flat upstairs.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK?
Not in the city, it never really gets dark...

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Can't remember, I'm generally quite cheery.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
My old faithful is 'Pampelune' (Guerlain, if anyone's buying) which is kind of grapefruit-flavoured, but on the lookout for a new one.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOUR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
It so depends on the person, though do have a soft spot for redheads. Green eyes are nice.

15. DO YOU LIKE PAIN KILLERS?
Yes, I should have shares in Nurofen.

16. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
I don't know about shy, more like 'utterly useless.'

17. FAVE PIZZA TOPPING?
Which one saves Venice?

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Nothing, but would love a glass of vino.

19. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Mad? As in angry, or mental? Of course, I have driven many men insane with desire...

20. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
I'm guessing Not, though the kids do write love letters occasionally, which is endearing.
'You are best techr. You are kind. I love Misis Black.'

Own it, run with it, make it yours!



15 comments:

the whales said...

Dirk Bogarde!!

the whales said...

ps - skanky launderettes, nothing worse!

Anonymous said...

Darling, but why don't you want to eat anything? You must eat. Shall I dial you a Venice-saving pizza?

Matt said...

I love these things. I need to meme again.

Rad said...

Cool desktop pic. :)

Annie said...

The Whales, yes indeed. Artistic and enigmatic...

Thanks BiB (are you sure you're not Jewish?) - I had just had supper and was wishing for a little post-dinner drinkie.

Matt, oh no, now you've given me that Vera Lynn song in my head...

Thanks Rad!

Timbo said...

OOH. Same birthday as your mum. Me too.

And are you honestly saying that if I plonked a lovely great Indian takeaway in front of you right now you wouldn't eat it? What's the matter with you woman???

Annie said...

Timbo, only the best people are born on their mum's birthdays.

Mmm, Indian takeaway - peshwari naan...

Billy said...

My brother was born on my mum's birthday. It's an expensive time of year for me...

Dan Flynn said...

Annie,

David Niven eh? Suave (is that how swarve is spelled?) sophisticated with a pencil moustache (is that how mustash is spelled?) and also v v funny. Hey, that's just like me. Why thank you Annie for being so perceptive.

Re the meme. I love the idea but it's too long. Sos. However let me take this opportunity to say Mix tapes 9 and 10 have carried me to work on a tide of musical bliss these past few weeks and if I lived near you there'd be a drink or two come Friday night. Maybe I should send a bottle via Interbooza by way of a small thank you.

Annie said...

At least you don't have to remember two dates Billy...

Aw, Dan, that makes me genuinely happy!

Taiga the Fox said...

I run with it now...

Annie said...

Taiga, hurray!!

llewtrah said...

We all love you :)

Annie said...

Aww, thanks Llewtrah! This meme has gone round like wildfire hasn't it?