Friday, May 29, 2009

More witty and intelligent content

Right, I cannot put it off any longer. The agent's coming around tomorrow and I must do some hoovering. I think I last hoovered in November. I think the carpet might be cream. As Quentin Crisp said about housework, after the first 6 years the dust doesn't get any worse. (The great thing about living alone is that you can be a total lazy slut and no one can nag you about it.) It's also a good excuse not to crack on with the reports.

Good music to hoover to?

9 comments:

Tim F said...

Dust My Broom, by Elmore James.

Hooverville, by The Christians.

Betty said...

Anything by Jimmy The Hoover or The Dust Brothers.

Geoff said...

The Shake 'n' Vac song.

bad sar said...

Donna Summer - anything

bad sar said...

wanna come to a party sat night? if so ringy dingy.

Annie said...

You will be interested (or not) to know that I hoovered to The Buzzcocks 'Ever Fallen In Love With Someone You Shouldn't Have Fallen In Love With' and Ian Dury & The Blockheads 'I wanna be straight, I wanna be straight/I'm sick and tired of taking drugs and staying up late...'

Del said...

Manics - Mr Carbohydrate.

And yes, living alone does allow you to live like a total pig. Something I do all too often. Then people come over and it's very embarrassing!

Annie said...

Your house looked pretty clean to me when I was there.

Although I wasn't wearing my glasses.

Annie said...

Ooh, I have just commented on a photo by someone called Mr Carbohydrate on Flickr, I'd never heard that name before - synchronicity!!

Annie - phew! (Actually I may have hoovered in your honour.)