Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The end is nigh

Or should it be, the light at the end of the tunnel. Easter holidays coming up but lots of scary things to get through before then, viz:

Passing internet-research-part-time-job test (which L referred to scathingly as "like doing a paper round.")

All singing, all dancing Spring Assembly, in front of the WHOLE SCHOOL, and parents. You can't imagine the pressure, my dears. (Against my better judgement, and at the risk of compromising the masculinity of the little boys in my class, was persuaded to have an "Easter bonnet parade.") Suggestions for songs with a spring theme gratefully received.

But worst, worst of all, is taking the little beasts out on a school trip, one of the things I first wrote about here back in the day. It gives me the Fear.


Do you think the chicks would be overkill on the Easter bonnets?

3 comments:

Dan Flynn said...

Annie,

I think it would only be a problem if on each bonnet there was a tableau of chicks being killed. Maybe a different method for each hat. Now that would be overkill.

Anonymous said...

Go crazy with the chicks!! Yes! Do it!

Annie said...

Dan, I shudder to think of you in charge of the Easter Bonnet parade. It would be more like the St Valentine's Day massacre.

Bad Sar - I went to Borovicks in Soho and the nice cockney cut me a deal on some fluffy yellow feather boas when he heard it was for the kiddies. It's gonna be the kitsch-est spring assembly ever.