Monday, October 03, 2005

Copycat

I'm copying these fine blogs, because I'm lazy. And I've never done a meme before. You have to listen to the first 13 songs on your ipod on random shuffle (though it probably works just as well just with CD, tape or indeed vinyl), as answers to the following questions.

1. What do you think of me, Random Music Player?
Fire Fire M.I.A.
I'm a liar liar pants on fire?

2. Will I have a happy life?
Panic - The Smiths
Hm, this makes no sense.

3. What do my friends really think of me?
Shakespeare's Sister - The Smiths
Ha! I knew it.

4. What does my S.O. think of me?
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Nouvelle Vague
Give me a break.

5. Do people secretly lust after me?
This Modern Love - Bloc Party
I've never listened to this tune; contains the lines "I'll pay for you, anytime".
A new career beckons!

6. How can I make myself happy?
Auf Achse - Franz Ferdinand.
It means "on axle", apparently. iTunes is a very cryptic oracle. Worse than the I-ching.

7. What should I do with my life?
Infinita Tristeza - Manu Chao
See? This means infinite sadness.

8. Why must life be so full of pain?
La Chinita - Manu Chao
iTunes has given up

9. How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
What I'm Feeling - Nightmares on Wax.
I'm liking this answer. Seems to indicate that I should be totally selfish in bed.

10. Can you give me some advice?
We got the - Beastie Boys.
We got the power to make a difference! We got the power to make a change!
Vague, but positive.

11. What do you think happiness is?
Brothers gonna work it out - Public Enemy
What, my brother? You mean he had the secret of happiness all along?

12. Do you have any advice to give over the next few hours/days?
Marian - Nouvelle Vague
No, can't make head or tail of this one.

13. Will I die happy?
She Belongs To Me - Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan is the Grim Reaper!

What nonsense. But fun.

5 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I just told Mike to play some Donna Summer and do the answers again...that would be hot hot hot fun, you think? :-D

Annie said...

GG - I play "Bad Girls" to get me out the house every morning.

Commenter number 1 - come back! I didn't delete you! I need all the help I can get here.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Commenter # 1 was me, I don't even remember what I wrote, darn.

There's so much new music out there. I feel deeeeprived :-( Bad Girls?

Someone told me that soon CD's will be obsolete. And folks will have to buy music online. Did you hear that news?

Annie said...

Bad Girls - a Donna Summer classic!

Noooo! What will we use our old CDs for? Coasters?