Monday, October 17, 2005

Tagged

by Guyana Gyal. I'm shy of tagging anyone else, as I don't really know the etiquette - I know DCveR doesn't like them and I know Wyndham's already done it - if you fancy this one, dear reader, please consider yourself tagged.

20 random facts about me.

1. I have a wonky eye. The left one doesn't look straight, à la Marty Feldman. It especially shows in photos. I once asked my optician what could be done about a wonky eye. The answer involved "popping the eye out of its socket onto the cheekbone" to tinker with the muscle behind it; on balance, I decided I could live with it.

2. My nose was once in the Daily Mail.

3. I wanted to be a film director when I grew up, and crewed on a film with this company. It was a stinker, but we had fun making it.

4. My first love was about 2 feet taller than me.

5. Bowling is the only sport I like, because you can simultaneously smoke, drink and have chips and ketchup sent to you whilst participating.

6. Sometimes I love London with a passion and sometimes it makes me want to run far away to somewhere green and quiet, with no pigeons.

7. I secretly think my family are far madder than anybody else's.

8. In my secret fantasy life I am a pool shark. In reality someone has to hold the back of my cue straight for me when I line up the shot.

9. My biggest regret is not going skinny dipping in Hampstead Ladies Pond along with everyone else at my 18th birthday party. Too shy.

10. The famous people I see most often in London are Gilbert and George. Beginning to think that they're following me around.

11. Hate Christmas. Hate it. Bah humbug.

12. There is an HG Wells book with my name as the title. (It wasn't written about me though. I'm not that old).

13. I have lived in 30 different addresses in the past 11 years. Dreaming of putting down roots.

14. We have a crazy garden. It has no rhyme or reason to it. It would make a garden designer weep. But we like it. We get our plants from Columbia Road.

15. Bored of being vegetarian, and considering becoming a carnivore again after 23 years of abstaining.

16. I have a dark side, which only shows when someone INTERRUPTS MY SLEEP.

17. Currently I'm reading The Outsiders. "...I had only two things on my mind. Paul Newman and a ride home."

18. My favourite tune in the world is Sly and The Family Stone's If You Want Me To Stay. Short, but very sweet.

19. Passed my maths GCSE in my third decade. Better late than never...

20. My proudest moment was being beeped by a whole fire- engine full of firemen. Mmm, firemen...

9 comments:

Rio said...

the only part i like about christmas is all the stuff leading up to it, music, decorating the tree, shopping, but the actual day is always a big let down to me. its like we came all this way and my whole family is just looking around thinking " so now what?"

Adrian said...

Fireman eh ...

Wyndham said...

Giving up being a vegetarian after 23 years is almost as perverse as me starting smoking at 28 - don't do it!

Adrian said...

On the other hand ... meat tastes good. So good.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Great list, Annie, what was your nose doing in the Daily Mail? And why do you hate Christmas?

I think this garden we have here would make you sob too, it's what I call a 'savage garden'.

I've only been a vegetarian [or semi, I eat fish] for 5 years...does it really get boring after 23 years?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Meat might taste good. But ohhhh, groan...it makes a body gain weight. And it's hard to digest.

Adrian said...

Meat doesn't make you gain body weight, any more than anything else. And far less so than simple carbs or fat. Eating too much makes you gain weight.

Annie said...

Hi Rio. Me too. Tinsel good, Christmas day bad. (I like your writing by the way!)

Adrian - firemen... Rrrrr....

Wyndham, how did you manage that? Was it peer pressure from your colleagues telling you it was cool?

Thanks for tagging me GG - the Daily Mail story is a long one, this was a "teaser" for a longer post sometime...

Christmas - where do I start - Jewish, atheist, mad family,(see point 7) consumer madness, lack of transport, grey weather, rubbish telly, no opting out whether you like it or not...

I knew the vege thing would be controversial, but you know there is only so many times you can order the goats cheese tart. GG I eat fish too - I think we're called pescatarians.

Natsthename said...

#18..ohhhh SLY! WHat a groovy song!