Saturday, November 26, 2005

Nightmare

having nightmares about work, quite literally. I have a class of 29 fantastic little kids and one little sod. It's a battle of wills and his will is stronger than mine... In my nightmare he has morphed into a cross between Damien from The Omen and the red dwarf from Don't Look Now, he's climbing the stairs to this building and I know somehow he's going to cut the cable in the lift shaft. He's wearing a spiderman costume and a burkha over his face. This sounds kind of funny when I write it now but I wake up in a cold sweat.

*this is an experiment - can you click on the picture and see it?




6 comments:

DC said...

My dad taught in the 60s. He had one work colleague who would use the following technique for his first day with a new class. He'd quickly explain that all desks were referred to by Row Number and Column letter. He'd then tell student 5G to stand up. When the student invariably screwed it up he'd cane the poor individual in front of the rest of the class. Not exactly PC I know but apparently this bloke never had any trouble in his classes.

Anonymous said...

The top one yes.
Is there meant to be two more jpegs below it? All I can see are little question mark icons.

Annie said...

US - yes, very tempting, if illegal now.

Thanks for answering that Rad. No - I can't see the mysterious question marks, wonder what they are?

Anonymous said...

Ah! Now I'm at work and using IE I can see two boxes with x's in underneath the strip. Odd.

Annie said...

At least you can check out blogs at work Rad - they are mostly barred at mine. BAD blogs...

Anonymous said...

heh! Bet you can't see mine at work? :D