Sunday, June 04, 2006

Email

Scroll down for update from US:

Why do we bother with email anymore? Here is a random sampling:

Increasingly desperate offers from Ocado, promising free chocolates, then free bottle of wine, then my very own pony (okay, I made that one up) if only I will return to them.

New people listed on Friends Reunited! (Yes, but they left my school in 1954, do I really care? Friends Reunited has surely had its day now.)

Holidays I would love to go on at prices I cannot afford from a variety of travel agents.

Terrible jokes from my sister which are not printable in a family blog such as this.

Spam, lots of it - "Sexy baby and bad erection?" Where do they learn English, in a Philippino brothel?

I did like this one sent by G though - here is the link if you'd like to make your own.

What's in your Inbox? Anything interesting? Do share.





US kindly sends me his email offer on World Cup tickets:

Annie, I can get hold of 3 tickets for World Cup Final in July -£200 each, or £600 if you buy all 3. Seating position shown attached. Let me know ASAP if you want them.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The usual gambit of Resident association emails, mails about London bars showing the football, plans with mates to watch the football, jdate emails telling me all the girls who wont be responding to my emails, request from my mom asking me for pictures of me and my brother, mails about possible places to go skiing for new years, and mails with Dan swopping favours of a tux for a lost bag.

Annie said...

Adrian, I read that last one several times and it still intrigues me.
"Here's the deal, if you lose my bag, I'll lend you my tux." How does that work?
(And Jdate sounds incredibly harsh, who needs emails telling you that potential dates won't be responding to your emails? Can't they just not respond?)

Anonymous said...

Dan's borrowing my tux. Dan's picking up my bag I left on the tube but wonderful dear sweet TFL found seemling with goods unstolen.

JDate doesn't actual they say they wont respond. But you learn what they mean with each set of 6 girls they taunt you with on each "potential (my bloody arse) dates you for you" email.

Annie said...

Ah, I see. Pessimist.

Anonymous said...

It's not pessimism when it's based on actual recorded results and data, it's just a reflection.

Tim F said...

Friends Reunited has not had its day. I still enjoy gloating over the cool, good-looking guys who beat me up, and are now bald, fat, saddled with vast mortgages and revolting children/spouse combos, and clearly utterly miserable.

Although they don't ever say that, do they?

Anonymous said...

I have an email from my wife reminding me she is on a course and I need to pick up our daughter. As if I'd forget!

Again.

Shyha said...

Only spam lately.... :| No one wants to write to me... ;"(

Annie said...

Adrian, right - the whole pull of dating sites is the triumph of hope over experience...

Tim, ha! Is that what they call schadenfreude?

Changing Man - no, you didn't... you bad dad, you.

Thanks Anonymous. I feel that one is enough.

Aw, Shyha. If you have an email address on your blog, I'll email you.

Del said...

I get lots of spam telling me I can increase the volume of my ejaculations. Quite why I'd want to do this isn't explained.

Annie said...

Del - the volume of your... ewwwwww!