Sunday, June 10, 2007

Re-ification

Thanks to beautiful Lees, we got to go where not many people go - to the bar at the very top of the Swiss Re building (the Gherkin) - I didn't even know there was a bar up there, did you?

It is phenomenally gorgeous, and you get a 360 degree view of London under this amazing glass dome. We totally blew our cool amongst the high class city folk by whipping out cameras and snapping away - you can see the results here, but they don't really do it justice. This was a once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable experience. Thanks, Lees...

8 comments:

DCveR said...

Great view! Must remember this post next time I visit London!

violet said...

Wow. London looks so much nicer from a great height.

Tim F said...

I'm amazed at how quickly the Gherkin has become the establishing shot for London locations, displacing the Westminster Clock Tower* within months.

Bangkok has a number of interesting buildings, but the filmic shorthand for the city is always a prostitute. Funny, that.







Being a pedant and a ponce, I refuse to use the phrase 'Big Ben' inappropriately.

Annie said...

Dcver, it's not open to the public, but you can go to the bar in Tower 42 nearby if you book in advance.
http://www.tower42.co.uk/

Violet, I know, almost like somewhere you'd want to live.

Tim, Bangkok has buildings?! Well I never.

rockmother said...

Oh - you just answered my question which was going to be:

wow! can anyone go up there?

Looks amazing.

PS: did they come throught with the shoes by the way?

Anonymous said...

That's Fascinting. No, I didn't know there was a bar up there - I certainly wouldn't have thought it was open to the public but it is apparently.

Timbo said...

Cor, very spiffy.

Annie said...

I think you can hire it for events RoMo and Rehan:
http://www.30stmaryaxe.com/content.asp?contentid=4

RoMo, I called them, they said nowhere had them but I DON'T BELIEVE IT - will go to check out a few more branches when I have a moment.

Timbo, right, I felt like a right yokel when I walked in.