Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Question: would you still blog if you'd won £35 million?

A: No, I would have minions to blog for me.

What would it be like to win £35 million?

1. It wouldn't change me. I would still keep the day job and go down the pub with my friends. *

2. After a brief period of buying airplanes, islands, lighting cigars with £50 notes and marrying and divorcing Hollywood sex symbols that I fancy in quick succession, I would go totally off the rails through despair at the pointless shallow pointlessness of my life and end up in the loony bin.

3. It would be a mere stepping stone towards my ultimate plan, which has always been TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.

4. £35 million? Pah, chicken feed.


What do you reckon?


* rather poignantly, one of Ms Kelly's co-workers was quoted as saying 'I don't know what she'll do next, but we'll miss her if she goes. She's the life and soul of the admin department.'

12 comments:

Billy said...

World Domination would be fun but I can't comprehend having that much money.

I'd probably temp though, it'd get me out of the house.

Istvanski said...

That's enough money to buy your own independence which could enable you to luxuriously travel the world. So much to see and not enough years in a lifetime.

It's a great dream to have.

Tim F said...

I'd buy the loony bin, and charge people to come and laugh at the bonkers lottery winners.

Del said...

It would undoubtedly drive me absolutely potty. My financial security would conversely trigger all my own personal insecurities into overdrive. I'd be paranoid that people who were nice to me were only after my money.

Being middle class, I've got everything I really need to live. I'd give the majority to charity, and spend the rest on the world's biggest Scalextric.

Rad said...

Pah, easy. Sort your family out. Sort your (real) friends out. Some worthy charities. And I in particular would invest in my friends comic shop.

Starting a record label would be cool too.

And toys... Lots an lots an lots of toys.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the fact that Ms Kelly and her son appear to be living in a time warp. Last night's PM programme described her son as "about to start studying for his O-grades...". O-grades were phased out in the early '90s (though maybe not in East Kilbride?!). Mind you, when you think of what £35 million was worth 15 years ago, perhaps living in a time warp makes sense!

GreatSheElephant said...

I know what I'd do with £35million. And I certainly wouldn't release my identity to the newspapers.

I'm looking forward to finding out how her separated husband reacts.

Geoff said...

Re: the time warp - her favourite tv programme is Hawaii Five O and she loves Jack Lord.

If I won a fortune I'd still blog from my new home in Cornwall.

Arabella said...

A shop of gently used books with never a worry about making a profit. Imagine!

David said...

Hmm...

I need a new shed.

And the missus is overdrawn....

So I suppose there's a start.

llewtrah said...

With £35 million I could quit work and blog all day long! And tart up the house a bit.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Llewtrah. I'd do nothing but blog.