Monday, March 26, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

Welcome to the Slaminsky Mix Tape number 9 - (very odd and extremely random) Guilty Pleasures. It starts off innocuous enough, I have no shame for liking Stevie Wonder's Uptight, but buried away in there are some true horrors. (Like Rhiannon - I do love the Mac, though there is something very Spinal Tap about the line 'All your life you've never seen a woman taken by the wind.')

Minus 1000 groovy points for me.

Close all the curtains, crank it up to 11 and you can pretend you're a torch singer along with Liza, or dance around your bedroom like Bez while no-one's watching...





PS That's it for the week. Is it me or do I spend an awful lot of time online? Should probably be out doing something more productive, like looking for houses, or life partners, or something...

Other mix tapes for the discerning listener: the Original mix tape; a Dirrrty mix tape; eighties Haircut mix tape; HipHopola mix tape; Guitars; Coming In From the Cold; Bubblegum and Sisters

8 comments:

Rad said...

Tracklist please.

Annie said...

Ah, yes. I'm a bit embarrassed about the track listing... but if I must...

Stevie Wonder - Uptight
Kid Creole and his Coconuts - Annie I'm Not Your Daddy - (my theme tune...)
Flyaway - Alison Krauss
The Proclaimers - 500 miles
Jah Wobble & Sinead O Connor - Visions of You
Happy Mondays - Wrote for Luck
Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
Boney M - Sunny
Liza Minelli - Maybe This Time (from Cabaret)
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Geno

rockmother said...

Weeeeird - that had at least three tracks I had lined up for my next podcast! Will listen to shortly - am drowning in work and internet activity! xx

Annie said...

Please do still include them RoMo! We just both have great taste, is all...
(I bet it was Boney M...) hope you aren't drowning in work x

Rad said...

Oooooooh Visions of You. What a fabby tune. I have it on 12"vinyl. Remember that kids?

That Boney M cover is so cheesy it's practically roquefort! :D

Annie said...

Yup, I may put it on my wall Rad, it makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that boneyM were so, so, well, raunchy!! I only have memories of their Christmas album which was so wholesome - and this is well.. it's just crazy!
BS.

Annie said...

Sar - right, we only remember 'Mary's Boy Child' - who knew there was this dark, wanton side of Boney M..?