Thursday, January 04, 2007

bork bork bork


Swedish Chef and Heston Blumenthal - separated at birth?

Not so much in looks, but as I watched ol' Heston deep fry/incinerate a roast chicken by putting it in an oil drum filled with oil and setting it alight (the fire raged out of control and had to be put out by fire extinguisher) it occured that their cooking techniques are eerily similar. Didn't the Swedish Chef's kitchen implements include a shotgun and some bombs?

(This occurred to me as so obvious that I feel I may have read it somewhere else and forgotton it, so apologies if I pinched your idea, it wasn't intentional.)


6 comments:

Billy said...

I quite like Heston, although he is a bit of a mad scientist. For example, the moment when he whipped out a cylinder of liquid nitrogen to make ice-cream.

Annie said...

I love Heston. The insane level of detail and the passion which he brings to making, say, a black forest gateau is very appealing. Unfortunately he's already spoken for.

Anonymous said...

Frying in a flaming oil drum and making ice cream with liquid nitrogen? I knew my kitchen was missing something!

Do you think he can do Chocolate Moose?

Annie said...

He did snail porridge and smoked bacon and egg ice cream in his restaurant but I think Chocolate Moose would be pushing it QE

Anonymous said...

I quite like Heston, because he is a bit of a mad scientist.

And seems like an all round nice guy. And has written books that help people as well as make money.

He's self taught. Not arragont. And who doesn't like a mad scientist with food.

I heart Heston.

Annie said...

Wow, didn't know he'd written books too, and for kids - I heart him too Adrian.