Saturday, December 01, 2007

Too much blogging

I had a dream about a blogmeet. In it, I was distressed because I'd only found out afterwards that someone sitting in the corner was Greavsie, only I didn't realise it was him, so I didn't get to talk to him. Also, he was holding a stone in his hand - everyone had these little objects and artefacts on them. Maybe they were a real life replacement for online avatars... I have no idea of the significance of Greavsie's stone.

Anyway, I was thinking, half-awake as I was waking up, (possibly not the best time for bright ideas) that we should have a blogmeet where everyone came in fancy dress. It would be hi-lar-ious, don't you think? What would you come as?

In other news, Taiga's Superlon Mystery Advent Calender is back! Hurrah!

16 comments:

Istvanski said...

I'd come as a train driver.

Tim F said...

I'd come as Greavsie's stone.

rockmother said...

I would come as Olive from On The Buses.

Where and when are we meeting then?

David said...

I must analyse the full implications of this...

....at least I still had my clothes on... ;-)

Annie said...

Istvanski - that's cheating.

Tim - oh no, too metaphysical, makes my brain hurt.

RoMo - you're too beautiful to be Olive, even if she's your avatar.

Greavsie, I know, get me to a shrink forthwith... *wants to say something about not recognising you with your clothes on. Resists*

Billy said...

I'd come as my avatar.

Alda said...

Heh. I have dream about other bloggers too sometimes - it's weird, you almost feel like you know some people just from reading their blogs, so it's not surprising that they manifest in dreams.

I have a real problem with fancy dress parties though, I never know what to go as. So I'd probably just come as myself, and tell everyone I was someone else.

Alda said...

OK, I realize that sounds totally fried. I mean, I'd go as me, but tell everyone I was someone else pretending to be me.

Oh never mind.

rockmother said...

I know what you mean Alda. I originally thought I would go as myself ie: 'Rockmother' rather than me - who bloguerades as Rockmother.

LC said...

Bagsey Spiderman!

Alda said...

@Rockmother - glad to see we're on the same wavelength. Do you think anybody understands us?

Annie said...

LC - aw. All the little boys in my class are in love with Spiderman. Nothing changes.

Alda (and RoMo) - genius!

rockmother said...

@ Alda - hmmm...I hope so but if not then I could draw a really complicated diagram maybe?! ;-)

BiB said...

Could I come in drag? Does that count as fancy dress? You name the woman and I'll be there as her.

Annie said...

BiB - you come as Cagney, I'll come as Lacey.

BiB said...

Ha, fantastic. As soon as I work out which one's which, I'll start preparing my costume.