Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone

The rain in Spain falls mainly on me.

Malaga's very pretty - I can recommend it as gorgeous, authentically Spanish, with character, not too expensive, not touristy (either they go to cheap Torremolinos or expensive Marbella once out the airport).

Clicky here to see a slideshow of my recent tripette. Honestly, it's worth it, you can view it at a fast speed and it looks 10 times better against a black slideshow background.

These photos were taken in a brief, brief pause between the TORRENTIAL RAIN WHICH DID NOT STOP FROM THE MOMENT I STEPPED FOOT ON THE TARMAC TO MY ARRIVAL BACK AT THE AIRPORT 3 DAYS LATER (when the sun came out again).

After the biblical floods of San Sebastian and the rainy days in Barca, I thought I'd be safe in sunny Andalucia. Recklessly I gambled on the Costa del Sol having some, well, sol. Clearly, God doesn't wish me to holiday in Spain.

5 comments:

Geoff said...

It poured when we went to Majorca.

The Canaries are a safe bet but you need a car.

Annie said...

Geoff, but but but... Malaga is next to Africa!! Beginning to think that I am like the rain god in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that I should go and irrigate the Sahara on my next holiday.

Del said...

I thought the rain in Spain fell almost invariably on the hills.

I went to Malaga a few years back and it pissed it down. So it's not just you. The rest of the holiday was a bit of a blur.

Annie said...

Del - oh yes? Too much Quitapenas?

Rad said...

Heh heh! We went to Nerja in April and had about 4 days of torrential rain. But that was cool We went to see caves instead.