Thursday, July 27, 2006

Random question meme

Sorry for the lazy meme, the sun has turned my brain to marmalade. Seen over at QE's. Note the slight American bias... As usual I won't tag but do let us know if you do it...

Have you had sex in the past 24 hours? No. *Sob*
Are you gay? No. But never say never.
Do you have hairy legs? Not if I can help it.
Do you smoke anything? It’s a sore question at the moment.
Do you like monkeys? Yes. Orang-utans for preference.
How many fillings do you have? Good lord, a mouthful. Addicted to sweeties when I was little.
Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? Either, we’re sadly lacking both in London. Hampstead Ladies Pond is nearest I guess.
Have you ever licked one of those square batteries? I’ve never licked any batteries. Do they taste good?
Have you ever read the Bible? Bits of it. Got a bit bored with all the ‘begatting’. But I feel the lack of it every day.
Did you ever go to Sunday School? No. Though my dad tried to make me go to Heider, which is the Jewish equivalent (on a Saturday.)
Do you wear a lot of black? Yes, almost exclusively for years til I discovered colours.
Did you ever bring a weapon to school? Only if you count hairspray.
Have you ever hugged a tree? Get down, what do you think, I’m some kind of hippy?
Do you know what a sphincter actually is? Yes. Moving swiftly on…
Describe your hair? It’s the bane of my life. At the merest hint of rain, it turns into frizz, as though I have stuck my finger in an electric socket.
Are you a wildbeast? Yes. A tiger in the sack (boom boom)
Do you like to have fun? No, having fun for me is virtually synonymous with feeling anxious.
Do you like drama? An interesting question. I like watching drama, and could do with a bit more personal drama, but am not a prima donna, no way.
Have you ever taken a bong hit? Yes, in another lifetime.
Do you like mayonnaise? Yes, though it’s bad and wrong.
Are you afraid to die? Of course, like every sentient being.
Do you like playing in leaves? Not after the dog poo experience.
Have you ever peed your pants as an adult? No, thank the lord.
Have you ever thrown up on somebody as an adult? Only on myself. Bah!
Are you an adult? To all appearances, yes.
Ever won a spelling bee? Lame question…
Do you ever eat because you’re depressed? No, I much prefer drinking and taking drugs.
Are you a television addict? No, have replaced it with blogging.
Do you think OJ was guilty? CLEARLY!
Do you enjoy spending time with your mother? Yes, though it doesn’t happen often.
Have you ever had sex in a hot tub? I’ve never even been in a hot-tub.
On a swing? No. This questionnaire is beginning to make me depressed.
Do you like Elvis? No, he always sounds like an Elvis impersonator to me.
Do you enjoy watching animals “do it” on the Discovery channel? No. (freaks…)
Ever been hit on at a zoo? The last time I went to the zoo I was about 11, so am glad to say no.
Have you ever had sex with a total stranger? Ah, a philosophical question. Can we ever really say we know anyone? Aren’t we all total strangers? Etc etc.
Do you enjoy the calming effects of turkeys? WTF…?
Does your mom think someone is hot? I believe she has a soft spot for Yul Bryner.
Are you a sugar freak? Not any more
Ever been arrested? No. God, I need to get out more.
Ever commit a crime and get away with it? Um… fare-dodging?
Do you like orange juice? Yes, especially when accompanied by vodka.
What sign are you? A schizophrenic, introvert/extrovert Cancer/Leo
Ever do the party boy dance in front of the elderly? No, but I will at the earliest opportunity.
Where do you wish you were right now? In the outdoor swimming pool at Barceloneta, with a view to the sea.
Did you enjoy this? Yes, though the Discovery Channel question was a low point.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know you so much better now Annie:)
x

Billy said...

Ooh a meme. Great stuff - a very strange set of questions, especially the zoo one.

Anonymous said...

Actually QE got it from me, but I'll let you away with it, this time.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had sex with a total stranger?

You totally didn't answer that.

:)

Heather said...

Very interesting meme Annie. You didn't answer the stranger sex question though, it is an interesting one actually. I don't know quite how I would answer it myself. Does only knowing someone for about 4 hours make them qualify as a stranger? Of course, not that I ever have... erm, I was quite wild in my late teens... erm, going to stop before I dig myself a larger hole.

Shyha said...

I'll help you with one :)
Have you ever licked one of those square batteries?
I’ve never licked any batteries. Do they taste good?


Electric current wich goes through your tongue is producing acid which has sour taste. It comes along with slight tongue numbness. Higher voltage - the better ;)

I encourage you all to:
- get electric guitar
- plug it to the PC
- turn it all on
- catch some strings (the less contact [thin strings] with the more power, the better effect) with one hand
- catch something grounded (ie. radiator if you have it connected with iron pipes) with the other hand
You can than feel half the power voltage (we have 240V so it's about 120V) goes through your body :) It's low current electricity and does not harm ;)

Of course it's joke - don't do it as I don't want to be responsible for any one of you. It did nothing to me but it doesn't mean that it will be true for you. 'Safe' voltage is 24V and remember - there are two things: voltage and current - they're both important!

Annie said...

Good good bad Sarah, this is why you have to keep reading...

Billy, do try it, I'll be interested to see your answers.

Oops, sorry Matt. Matt's is here

Adrian - and Heather - ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies ;-)

Heather - sow your wild oats while you can, make hay while the sun shines, gather ye rosebuds while ye may, etc...

Shyha - tell me you haven't tried this yourself. You crazy nutter.

I would like to state for the record that Slaminsky does not condone or recommend its readers experimenting with their body parts and electricity in any way, shape or form.

Anonymous said...

Have you had sex in the past 24 hours? Yes, actually (feels smug)
Are you gay? No.
Do you have hairy legs? It´s my winter coat
Do you smoke anything? Yes
Do you like monkeys? No, horrid, horrid things
How many fillings do you have? 3
Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake? Sea - recently been in the Eng Chanel and the Med
Have you ever licked one of those square batteries? I used to have to be removed from batteries as a child, it gave you a tingle!!
Have you ever read the Bible? Nah, heathen that I am
Did you ever go to Sunday School? No.
Do you wear a lot of black? As a youth much, not so much now, it drains you as you get older I find
Did you ever bring a weapon to school? My rapier wit.
Have you ever hugged a tree? Fek off
Do you know what a sphincter actually is? Yes, and?
Describe your hair? It´s too hot for hair at the moment, so scraped up Vicki Pollard style best describes
Are you a wildbeast? No, more a slouth
Do you like to have fun? Dur, yes
Do you like drama? I despise the theatre
Have you ever taken a bong hit? Yes, and fainted in a kebab shop - classy
Do you like mayonnaise? Yes, on everything
Are you afraid to die? Never give it a thought really
Do you like playing in leaves? No
Have you ever peed your pants as an adult? No
Have you ever thrown up on somebody as an adult? No, I am quite deft at getting my hair out of the way in time though
Are you an adult? Of course, I can stay up as late as I like and drink and smoke and everything...
Ever won a spelling bee? No, whole 6th form class once had to have a spelling test because of my spelling
Do you ever eat because you’re depressed? No compute - I eat all the time, depressed, happy, puzzled, tired etc, etc
Are you a television addict? Oh yes
Do you think OJ was guilty? No idea
Do you enjoy spending time with your mother? Used to very much
Have you ever had sex in a hot tub? Had sex in a bath tub - tap issues
On a swing? No.
Do you like Elvis? Yes, but more to look at
Do you enjoy watching animals “do it” on the Discovery channel? NO, I don´t like animals full stop, why would I want to see more being made?
Ever been hit on at a zoo? No
Have you ever had sex with a total stranger? Yes
Do you enjoy the calming effects of turkeys? I am unaware of them
Does your mom think someone is hot? Mick Jagger
Are you a sugar freak? No
Ever been arrested? No.
Ever commit a crime and get away with it? A few fashion crimes I only just got away with
Do you like orange juice? No.
What sign are you? Scorpio
Ever do the party boy dance in front of the elderly? Must be a bit too english for this question, don´t understand it!!
Where do you wish you were right now? Here´s good, just could someone remove the humidity? Please, pretty please..
Did you enjoy this? Yes, always like talking about myself and using up lots of Annies blog space!

Annie said...

Em - tee hee hee! LOL, indeed! Especially the kebab shop...

Shyha said...

annie: I did... several times :) Actually I do it every time I get my guitar connected to a PC :)
you should try this :)