Monday, July 17, 2006

Shooting London

When Emma, Sarah and Vanessa said they come and shoot London with me, they never suspected it would be during a rare London heatwave. So props to the ladies for pounding the mean city streets on one of the hottest days we've had so far, with special mention going to Bad Sarah for attending in a fragile state and on no sleep. (Okay, so she sloped off to take care of 'something urgent in the office' - and Ness had to go and 'take the dog out' - hmmmm... but Em hung on in there til the bitter end, go Em!)

Somehow don't think we'll win - we kept bumping into fellow competitors with proper fuck-off cameras with big old telephoto lenses - but it was a great day. And if we do get a photo exhibited in County Hall, you're all invited.

Incidentally, here are the 'open' clues, for which you had to invent an image. What would you have chosen?
1. Trucks prefer it for 'successful living'.
2. Find E=mc2's doppelganger.
3. 2012 - what are you going to compete in?

A necessary pitstop, featuring the lovely Sarah's feet. Click to see the set of photos which didn't make the final cut.


Old men's pub in Pimlico
Originally uploaded by Slaminsky.

6 comments:

Billy said...

If you slightly misread trucks as truckers in the first one, you could get some pictures in a transport cafe. I can see a splendidly greasy fried egg, using some trick or other to get it looking really yellow. Not sure how you'd get a good background for that.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Anonymous said...

It was good fun - sorry I was so slack - I was bad - as usual.

xxx

Adrian said...

The first is a reference to Diesel, with their "for successful living" ad tagline.

If only I'd been reading your blog earlier - I'd forgotten all about this and really wanted to have a go. I suppose there's always next year.

Annie said...

Billy, I like your thinking a lot, any excuse to order egg and chips is a good one and I love cafes. I was hoping to find a caravan, (the British version of the SUV) for the "successful living" bit but curiously, none to be found in Central London...

Alex - ;-)

Bad Sarah, you were not slack my love, you were a trouper. Only teasing.

Hi Adrian! Oh Adrian, I'm such a dope - we needed you, we're clearly not hip enough to recognise the Diesel slogan. Guess what though, there's more in August so it's not too late if you want to do it this year -
Shoot London

Adrian said...

I like the idea of the 'nations' theme, but dang, I'm 5 years too old. Thanks for the tip off for August, but alas I have another engagement on that day.

I see there are many more through September and autumn, so that's good.