Saturday, June 23, 2007

Please, please, please, let me....

get what I want...

Have just seen a beautiful little Victorian one-bed flat around the corner from the tube.
  • It does not have laminate flooring.
  • It does not have a million halogen spotlights installed in every room.
  • It does not have hotel-style bathroom and matchy-matchy fitted kitchen and neutral paint job.
  • It does have proper rooms of a proper size.
  • It does have original wooden shutters,big sash windows, wooden floors, and is a blank slate waiting for me to make it mine, all mine.
And it is available to rent (a whole 1 bed flat, all to myself) at the same price I'm paying now to share, through a housing association which lets to key workers. Words cannot express how much I want this.

Unfortunately, there's probably a million people ahead of me on the waiting list. Cross fingers...

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God, Annie. I am praying for you so hard. You must get this flat x

Bowleserised said...

fdsmjkakjfdkjlsr

*uncrosses fingers crossed for Annie* I'm sending as much remote will power as I can from Germany!

the whales said...

Go for it! And good luck!...

patroclus said...

Aww, it sounds wonderful. I have everything crossed for you!

Arabella said...

You just moved to the top of the prayer list. Hope the other list is as flexible.

Tim F said...

So they have whole blocks solely for the use of locksmiths? Weird.




Key workers....


geddit?


heavens, is that the time?

Anonymous said...

Good Luck. You deserve to have it!

Anxious said...

sending good luck vibes your way, annie!

Annie said...

thanks, my friends :-)

rockmother said...

Crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes and anything else I've missed out that can be crossed for you. XX

Timbo said...

No laminate flooring? It's obviously rubbish.

BiB said...

When will you know? Good luck!

Annie said...

Sounds perfect. Househunting is so stressful — good luck.

But what do you mean by "key workers"? I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed.

rockitgirl said...

Good luck lovely - we're in a similar boat, without the key worker bit you lucky thing x

Billy said...

Ooh best of luck. I wonder if I could count as a key worker. No, I doubt it.

calista said...

Best of luck! I hope you get it! Prayers are on their way too.

Annie said...

Cheers, people.

Annie, 'key workers' are what they call public sector workers,'working in front line roles for key public services' eg, nurses, firefighters,teachers,police etc. We get deals with housing cos we're , you know, so vital to the fabric of society. Of course if they'd just PAY US A PROPER BLOODY WAGE there wouldn't have to be any of these 'fringe benefits'...

Alda said...

You sound 'key' enough to me. And the flat sounds fabulous. Crossing my fingers for you, as well!!

Anonymous said...

tell them it's your birthday. that's got to make a difference, hasn't it?
no?
well, it will when i'm in charge

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck Annie, surely it must become yours, no?

Sadly, my flat has all of your first three bullet points, and there is an element of soul-less-ness about it. Modern property developers are so cheap.

Annie said...

cheers, Alda!

Thanks, Rivergirlie - right, fluttering your eyelashes seems to make no difference either.

Em, you never know - & if not, there'll be others. One day I'll see your new place...