Thursday, August 07, 2008

Finish the sentence

Meme seen at newly relaunced Troubled Diva. I promise I'll stop it soon.

1. My uncle once: looked like a French New Wave movie star. I wish I’d known him.

2. Never in my life: have I eaten a kebab.

3. When I was five: I hid in a tree in the garden and drove my family frantic because they thought I’d been abducted.

4. High school was: like being in prison.

5. I will never forget: a face, though I'm no good with names.

6. Once I met: Tony Blair. Supersmooth and slick, consummate politician.

7. There’s this girl I know: who I’ve got a bit of a crush on, she’s so cool.

8. Once, at a bar: I was kissed by a Turkish belly dancer.

9. By noon, I’m usually: shouting at small children to get in a line.

10. Last night: I went to a Battle of the Bands at a famous pub where the Sex Pistols played.

11. If only I had: a secret cave.

12. Next time I go to church: it will be in far-flung Cornwall.

13. What worries me most: that I’ll be working in a job I don't like til I'm 70.

14. When I turn my head left I see: a flamenco festival poster.

15. When I turn my head right I see: grey rainyness of an English summer.

16. You know I’m lying when: I don’t look you in the eye and look all nervous and mutter. I’m rubbish at lying.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: being young, stupid and reckless.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Doll Tearsheet in Henry IV Part 1

19. By this time next year: I will have learned to ride a bike.

20. A better name for me would be: Bathsheba Turkington, at least it has more than 2 syllables, unlike my real name.

21. I have a hard time understanding: numbers, it’s lucky I only have to count to 20 in the dayjob.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: be very very happy, because I won’t be at work anymore.

23. You know I like you if: I lick your face.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: God, haha just kidding.

25. Take my advice, never: change a tampon after chopping chilli peppers.

26. My ideal breakfast is: coffee and a fag, mmm lovely fags.

27. A song I love but do not have is: the theme song from Midnight Cowboy

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: visit Grovelands Park, it’s spooky and rather beautiful.

29. Why won’t people: give me what I want?

30. If you spend a night at my house: I'd make you Green & Black's hot chocolate, & we can stay up late gossiping and philosophising about the meaning of life.

31. I’d stop my wedding for: the sake of consistency, as I’ve never wanted a wedding.

32. The world could do without: another meme, soz.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: a tarantula's?

34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Marilyn Monroe and Deborah Harry. Both bleached blondes, interestingly.

35. Paper clips are more useful than: a chocolate teapot.

36. If I do anything well it’s: mentally torture myself.

37. I can’t help but: blog, it’s like a sickness.

38. I usually cry: and stamp my feet to get my way.

39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: you can do it! You’re brilliant!

40. And by the way: Your flies are undone.

12 comments:

Tim F said...

"Bathsheba Turkington"

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I second Tim's words. Go double-barrelled and slavicise Slaminsky up even more. Slaminskaya's a whole extra 4 syllables.

Anonymous said...

> Take my advice, never: change a tampon after chopping chilli peppers.

Hotpants.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bathsheba, all ladies have a "secret cave" ;-)

Anonymous said...

you've never licked my face - whassup with that?

Betty said...

I wish I'd known your uncle as well. Sounds as if he was a bit of alright. Phwoar.

Annie said...

Tim, I shall change it by deed poll.

Bathsheba Turkington-Slaminskaya? How much fun that will be on the phone to Tiscali's Indian call centre, BiB.

Emordino - Fanny Burney, as a friend remarked.

Em - teehee!

Sar - I will lick you next time I see you.

Betty, if I can track down a photo I'll post it.

Annie said...

PS: Forgot to say - I don't know what's up with Tuesday's post. It got duplicated, so I deleted it, but it seems to have deleted everyone's comments and made it closed to comments. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Gospozha (Mrs. Or do you want to be Polish?) Turkington-Slaminskaya, sorry to pry, but you never having met your uncle only adds to the romance. Is there a good story behind this? Did he disappear in a dashing/Lord Lucan way?

Annie said...

Oh no - he died tragically young of a brain tumour, long before I was born. In fact I'm probably older than him now when he died - that's a weird thought.

Anonymous said...

Wank. Just lost comment.

I had an uncle like that. Died young of some disease that doesn't exist any more. Unfortunately, he looked like one of the Kray twins.

Anonymous said...

Damn, your friend is much smarter than me.

I had an aunt who died very young. Never even seen a picture of her. So there's this person in my mother's family who for all intents and purposes never existed for me... it's a strange feeling.