Monday, January 09, 2006

Art review

We went to the Araki exhibition at the Barbican. It was quite saucy.

Strange though. There are all these naked ladies, tied up with ropes on building sites, and all looking like they couldn't be happier about it. And THEY approach HIM to have their photographs taken. So they look passive and submissive, but they've called the shots. It messes with your head.

How did he get that job? He's one lucky old man. If I started taking photos of naked men tied up, would the museums and galleries of the world be beating a path to my door, showering me with money, exhibitions and acclaim? Would it be Art? I think not.

(But worth a thought, if the teaching doesn't work out.)

A non-naked Araki lady.

9 comments:

DCveR said...

That reminds me of bodyscapes...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I can imagine all the men envying him his job!

Natsthename said...

I'm happy you posted a NON-naked lady. Not that there's anything wrong with a naked one; I just don't need to see them. ;)

David said...

The Barbican you say?.......

Annie said...

Bodyscapes is much prettier Dcver! As for Spencer Tunnick... how does he do it? Who knew so many people wanted to get their kit off in public?

GG and Growing Up - but how does he persuade the ladies that it's art, that's what intrigues me?

No naked ladies here Nat. I understand they have other places for that on the internet...

Greavsie - pervert.

Anonymous said...

A man can get most women to do anything if he says the right things to her.If he talks a good talk.

Annie said...

So true Growing Up - can't trust those sweet-talking men...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I'd love to hear what the guys have to say, but they're keeping rather quiet.

Annie said...

Me too GG - maybe they're scared of saying the wrong thing and getting spanked! ;-)