Saturday, January 14, 2006

New favourite blog

I Hate Teaching English on Chase Me Ladies

Now, this was posted in 2004, so it's like, practically Jurassic in the fast-moving world of the internet, but I laughed at this at lot and anyone who has ever had any experience of English teaching (or indeed any kind of teaching) cannot fail to relate. (The British Council - At Least It's Not Run By A Drunk - is also pretty good.)

I found the line "Having spent all this time teaching it is probably too late to rehabilitate back into society" especially chilling. Funny, but chilling. Like he's trying to tell me something.

4 comments:

The Curve said...

It's true, every language school I ever worked out was run by either a) a complete lush, b) a complete scoundrel or c) both of the above. Nobody, I believe, does it for 'the kids'.

Annie said...

Too right. Remember that computer-learning chain? The director snorted all the profits up his nose, and they didn't pay the staff for months and months. It was on the telly and everything.

Anonymous said...

Hi annie love,
Had a lovely time yesterday. started up one yesterday, but I'm still dont have much of a clue whats going on and i can only seem to find it by going through your site. So if you see me alot, don't think I'm stalking you. Love your 66 things by the way. It's interesting to find out so many things i never knoew about you. I thought i'd put a post up yesterday but it appears that it didn't work. I may come bleating for your help from time to time. love lots. x

Annie said...

Me too! And you can stalk me anytime petal. I'll do my best to help, not that I know that much - well done you for being so quick off the mark though! Can't wait to see it when it's up and running.