Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hard at work

Via Prolix comes this meme - 10 things that annoy you about your workplace/colleagues. Seeing as he's (yes, you read it right) TWENTY-ONE he can hardly have been at work long enough to moan about it yet, but it's never too early to start our national sport of grumbling.

Okay, all my colleagues now are lovely people, luckily enough. Workplace, though...

1. 1 toilet. 50 staff. 10 minute break times. And given I drink enough strong coffee throughout the day to fuel 10 men, you see where the problem lies. And while we're on the subject, I know I am one, but what do women do in the toilet? Why do they take so long?? Can they all have OCD and be washing their hands 50 times? Or are they applying make-up? What? Toilet rage...

2. RM software, specifically (aargh, just writing this gets me steamed up) a word processing programme called Talking First Word, which won't allow you to open more than one document at the same time. Designed to drive you mad, seemingly.

3. Legs covered in bruises from constantly bumping into child-height furniture. And having to sit at those tiny little chairs at the tiny little tables. Teacher's desk? What teacher's desk? (I will end up with a hump-back. )

That's all I could come up with, which is pretty pathetic. We always like a good rant against the government or the LEA ("Don't be a teacher, Annie" said one of my friends whose parents were both teachers. "All they do is sit around and moan about how crap teaching is.") But they don't really count, as it's not too personal.

I won't be tagging (unless you would like to take up Prolix's meme) but instead invite you to vent regarding your irritating colleagues, past or present, in the comments. Fire away.

4 comments:

prolix said...

I'm old before my time! I don't dare to think how grumpy I'll be in 20 years time but I dare say Mr Angry will have a new rival in the cantankerous stakes...

Annie said...

Hi, Me. (it feels strange writing that...) Give them evil looks when they finally emerge, maybe we can stop this nonsense.

Prolix, be proud of it. We are world-class grumblers, as you've started training so young I have Olympic hopes for you.

DraconianOne said...

So tempting but I don't think there's room in the comments box enough for me to vent (and as I've just had to "hide" the last venting post I wrote about work because I have a suspicion someone clued into where my blog was, I won't be adding another for a little while.

Annie said...

Tom, oh go on. No one from your work will be looking here. Your secrets are safe with me.