Monday, July 23, 2007

London is filled with nutters

Case number 1:

(Man standing next to me in line for coffee at Ray's Jazz:)
I'll have a cappuccino. Oh, and a glass of water. Mmmmmmm, water, mmm mmm mmm [he starts making sex noises] I love water. I love it. [Glances at me with eyebrow raised suggestively] It's so good for you... and it's transparent.

Case number 2:
Man in a suit who at first glance appears quite normal, then turns round and displays a proud inch or two of builder's bum, throwing his bike over the railings on Charing Cross Road in a temper:

Nobody loves you! Nobody! You can just fuck right off! (he is talking to the bike.)

Anyway, I'm off to Berlin. Laters...

8 comments:

Annie said...

Ooh, I forgot the man standing in front of a fish tank which is in the window of a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, waving at the fishes. I think it was the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Rad said...

I've seen a genuine real life window licker. Have fun in Berlin. :)

llewtrah said...

The glass of water one sounds like Billy :) Particularly about it being transparent. It should be added to his repertoire to crack me up on a regular basis.

Unknown said...

Ribena. Transparent and blackcurranty at the same time.

Tim F said...

Don't you find that many people who seem to be talking to themselves and/or inanimate objects are in fact using hands-free phones or the like?

This doesn't explain the fish man, of course.

Del said...

I think hands free mobile kits have made everyone who uses them look like a nutter. Until you realise they're using one, they just look like a crazy person having a conversation with thin air.

Annie said...

I had to look that up Rad - it showed me a 'lovely'cover of Richard D James, sporting a very impressive cleavage.

It does sound like Billy, Llewtrah.

Hi Nigel - Ribena would have got the man very excited, I do believe.

Tim, it's true, though I do think he was a bona fide lunatic, as he appeared to be addressing the bike. I think he wanted to make the bike cry.

Del, I think the nutters might buy phones ON PURPOSE so they can have imaginary conversations in peace.

Anonymous said...

Oh very highly amusing.

"It's transparent"