Sunday, July 15, 2007

Had enough...

Rah! Flight booked. Apartment booked. (like you care.) Flying via Biarritz - I intend to walk a leopard on a diamond chain down the main drag whilst sporting sunglasses, capri pants & skyscraper heels (or am I thinking of Cannes?)

But first, I must get past the horror of this final week which involves yet another trip - last week on a trip, in the grand tradition of my 30-small- kids-on-public-transport traumas, I nearly lost one when she left her bag behind and decided to jump back on the tube a split second before the doors closed.

This one is a farm trip, lord help me. Cue nightmares about them being eaten by pigs, mown down by combine harvesters, etc etc... Why do I do it? Forget 'enriching their education', they can stay within the 4 school walls til they're 18 for all I care, I have my blood pressure to consider.

7 comments:

Tim F said...

Surely if one of them falls into a silage pit or gets pecked to death by mutant turkeys, it means you only have 29 to worry about on the next trip?

Annie said...

oh man - silage pits & mutant turkeys, I'd forgotton to worry about them. No way - they'd just replace them Tim, there's no escape...

Anonymous said...

Just sunglasses, capri pants and skyscraper heels?

Annie said...

Yup, us teachers like to really unwind on holiday, Greavsie...

rockmother said...

I'm loving the leopard and diamond collar look. Have a great time. I really feel for teachers on school outings - it must be like herding a horde of chattering starlings around. The noise level, the escalators, the tube doors - you are a superheroine xx

Anonymous said...

But don't forget to come to Berlin too. You haven't double-booked, have you?

Annie said...

Thank you, RoMo, you understand...

BiB, I CAN'T WAIT, it's on Tuesday you know, not long to go.