Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Just a quickie before I go out.

Inspired by Natalie's musical lists, here are some songs whose creation I believe may have been influenced directly or indirectly by PMT. (I am allowed to do this because I'm a girl. But just this once, boys are allowed to join in. )

Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough
"I make the rules up as I go..."

Joe Jackson - Different for Girls
"I can't seem to say or do the right thing." Too right. Not when the mist descends...

Finlay Quaye - It's Great When We're Together
"You're just like the weather - when you change, and you refuse to speak to me..."

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
Queen of the scary vengeful harpies, in this song she comes on like Cruella de Ville on crack.

PJ Harvey - well, take your pick.

7 comments:

DCveR said...

I already have to put up with two women's PMT, Good Half and Favorite Colleague. That's already two too many!
So out of experience my pick is: whatever appeases you best. :)

Natsthename said...

I love it!

I'll add Patty Griffin's "Flaming Red." tee hee.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think, I'm not sure about this, India Arie sang a song about pmt.

P.S. Walking helps, and drinking lots of water, and sleeping regular hours. Well...sort of helps. grrr.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think Alanis' anger has actual, attributable causes, rather than being unreasonable hormonal mood swings. I mean, he said he'd hold her until he died. Until he died. But he's STILL alive!

Wyndham said...

You could add to that list anything by Aimee Mann, one of my very favourite lady singers.

Annie said...

Dcver, you deserve a medal. I see you have learned some cunning diplomatic skills too...
Destructor (to paraphrase River Tam's brother, "Am I talking to Destructor now?") that sounds like grounds for diminished responsiblity to me.
Natalie, GG, Wyndham... cheers, more tunes to add to my list.

DCveR said...

You can call it diplomacy if you like it.
It really is basic survival tactics, though. ;)
Take care