Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pissed

in charge of a weblog. Not the first, and surely won't be the last.

I am bored of writing about Me. Me me me me. You must be too. But I respect people's privacy. If I don't use their last names, that doesn't count, right?

People currently rocking my world:

My hairdresser. Very cute. Scottish. And gay. Story of my life.

My nephew. 6 years old. Likes - Ratchet and Clank. Telling knock knock jokes.

Current flatmate. Cute. Smart. Funny. Working far too hard.

Ex-flatmate's gay friend: we have an illuminating conversation in the pub. Why cannot straight women go out and demand hanky-panky, just like gay men? Why do women hold all the cards before they do the deed, but not afterwards? Answers on a postcard please.

Ex-flatmate. We start off relatively civilized in Soho, and relocate messily to Bethnal Green. Looks like Fern Cotton and is foxy as you like. Has relocated to Wales. Is about to knock on the door any minute and bring back half the gentrified East End pub with her ( just because they serve tapas, doesn't mean most of their clientele aren't still gangsters. How many men do you know wear a bespoke suit to their local pub during the week?)

8 comments:

Adrian said...

Why cannot straight women go out and demand hanky-panky, just like gay men?

Oh you so can. Really. Just try it. Why do women never try.

Anonymous said...

There's probably a reason for that, possibly related to the next question.

DCveR said...

annie: I'll let you in on a little not so secret fact... some women do demand hanky panky. Some women do take iniative in more than one way. BTW, Good Half hit on me, not the other way 'round. ;)

Natsthename said...

"Why cannot straight women go out and demand hanky-panky, just like gay men?"

They can! They just have to be careful and CHOOSY!!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You're bored writing about you? I'm still laughing about the slug in your sister's kitchen, the one they called the police for.

Annie said...

Yes, apologies to all. It made more sense when I wrote it than in the sober light of day. It was one of those conversations in the pub when you set the world to rights and then can't remember how in the morning. I think it was more about an imbalance of power between men and women which seems to be a hangup from the 1950s or something. Not that women can't, but that afterwards are somehow shamed or guilty, whereas, this guy seemed to be saying, for gay men everything is out in the open and all is equal - just a little friendly action between 2 grownups - though this may be a bit of a idealistic view.

GG, more sister stories coming soon. Though she has discovered my blog and thinks it is "weird".

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Well Annie, at least she only think it's weird and she's not saying 'stop'.

Annie said...

Just found this post from Girl With A One Track Mind that is much more articulate about it

http://girlwithaonetrackmind.blogspot.com/2005/07/why-so-many-men-are-crap-at-one-night.html