Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dublin

Without further ado, herewith some pictures of Dublin and the Festival of World Culture:

Transglobal Underground on the main stage/ Kids rocking out to Transglobal Underground
Party animal Sevitz
Mundy - To You I Bestow mp3 on the Hype Machine
(used on the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack). Listen to the mp3 whilst looking at the picture, it's almost like you are there!


Matthew has more interesting pictures here.

Why are there no pictures of our lovely host and hostess with the mostest, you ask? Because I am a numpty who forgot, that's why.

Things you might not have known about Dublin/Ireland:

Chippies are known as chippers.
At the bank, deposits are known as 'lodgements' - will my money be comfortable lodging here?
If something is deadly, it means it's good.
People do not make shamrocks in the top of your Guinness. That's only in New Zealand (so Matthew tells me.)
There are red-headed people galore in Dublin. Hurrah!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a numpty! :-)

Mike said...

Hooray for Transglobal Underground :)

Have a pint of Guinness for me. Or not, I think I'll have one for myself anyway ;)

realdoc said...

Other Dublin slang of interest
a ride has nothing to do with horses

Anonymous said...

If someone says 'dead on' to you be sure to say 'spotty dog' back.

Annie said...

Matt - *hangs head*

Viking - well now you've given up caffeine, you need to be drinking something strong and black, right?

Realdoc - you minx you. You'll get me into trouble.

Rad - what does it MEAN?

Anonymous said...

I did perchance notice the odd red head here and there.

When I hadn't passed out.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it means. It's just said. :D

bloggin the Question said...

The red heads are a mad passionate violent breed, I love them. Lock up your liquor store though, unless you want blood on your carpet.

Billy said...

I hate Guiness with the clover shape.

Del said...

Redheads you say? I'll be right back...

Clump clump clump clump clump.

Slam

Vrrrommmmm

Screeee

Slam.

Clump clump clump clump clump.

Bing Bong.

Mneerfrreenerffreeduflindeparfing.

ZOOOOM!

SCREEE!

Clump clump clump clump clump.

"Hello..."

Annie said...

Adrian - maybe we can get some imported.

Rad - I bet it's code for something rude.

Helga, shh, we don't wish to annoy the redheads, we want to attract them.

Billy - why, does it taste different?

Del - you a real redhead, not, say, a strawberry blonde?

Adrian said...

I've never twigged the lodgements/deposits word before.

In Ireland, we call 'a cupboard' 'a press'. This never fails to amuse my friends in London.