Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dirrty

Yes, it's time for the Mix Tape 2... This one’s called Dirrrty – because, just like Justin T, at Slaminsky we aim to put the sexy back.*

Trouble Man Marvin Gaye.
Ah, Marvin. Marvin, Marvin, Marvin... *sigh*

Mesmerized Faith Brown
My gorgeous friend G used this in her gorgeous degree show. Picture, if you will, models slinking down the catwalk in some very fine clothes to this. I would have filmed it but my bastard camera battery let me down. Bah.

House of Jealous Lovers - The Rapture
With some crazy cowbell action.

Gett Off
Pure filth from the His Purple Highness. Never before did a flute sound so hot.

Cannonball
I love Kim Deal. Not content with being in one of the best rock n’ roll bands to ever grace a stage, she went on to form the Breeders and write songs like this one, which actually manages to be truly sexy, not embarrassing and cheesy.

Diamond Dogs
In which Beck covers an old Bowie tune and if possible makes it even more louche & decadent.

A Stroke of Genius
A mashup of Xtina, the original Dirrty girl, and the Strokes. Soz, to whoever this belongs to, I can’t remember where I got it. G very sweetly and innocently thought the lyrics were 'I'm a genie in a bottle, you've got to love me the right way'. Bless her.

If You Want Me To Stay -
The ultimate seduction song from Sly and his Family Stone, and coincidentally my favourite song ever.

What's your favourite sexy tune then?

*Incidentally, anyone who uses Switchpod can tell me why it names it after a random song, and not the name of the mp3 you uploaded?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audacity doesn't write ID3 tags to the mp3 track, so the best way to sort that out (you ARE using Audacity, aren't you?) is to play it in iTunes, and change artist, genre, etc there, then close iTunes and all the ID3 tags should be sorted.

You'll see what I mean if you view the the icons in the folder the mp3 is in as "tiles", then you'll see all the ID3 nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Ultimate sexy song is without doubt 'Sinnerman' by Nina Simone. Listen to the whole thing (10 mins long). The piano break in the middle is 30 seconds of sex on a stick.

Anonymous said...

My ultimate sexy song would have to be Let's Make This Precious by Dexy Midnight Runners - it makes me want to snog Dave everytime. It's our song. Ahhh :) Don't gag. Great band. I also like Jeff Buckley anything and sometimes Lady In Red gets me feeling in the mood for love. Please don't puke.

Anonymous said...

Ah Cannonball. Synonymous with Indie discos all over the land. :)

Annie said...

Matt, you are like a beacon of light shining in the darkness, illuminating all.

Realdoc, ooh yes Nina, I have a story about the effectiveness of Ms Simone...

Sar, aaaah! Sweet! I think it's lovely. And Jeff Buckley...

(But never mention that song again on my blog, or you're barred.)

Rad - it always worked for me ;-)

Señor Tronosco said...

Hey The Breeders! The best song intro ever, I saw them sometime in the early 90's. Happier times when I modelled myself on Chris Cornell and owned a cardigan. I remember there being two Deals on stage and being slightly confused as to why I was seeing double?!

Del said...

Bringing sexyback? Did it ever go away?

Favourite sexy song at the moment is probably Rilo Kiley's 'Portions For Foxes'. The bit where she sings:

"When the loneliness leads to bad dreams
and the bad dreams lead me to callin' you
and I call you and say C'MERE!"

...gets me all unnecessary. Um. Anyway.

Love your podcasts, too!

Annie said...

Señor T - cardigan - check - Chris Cornell - check - I definitely would have had a crush on you. Yes one Kim Deal is marvellous, two is just the icing on the cake...

Del, I played it, and I liked it a lot.
(I listen to you, you know.)

patroclus said...

Ooh, not heard that Breeders song for many years, hurrah!

Fantastic podcast Annie, but not sure I should be listening to this at work...

Top sexy song of the moment is 'Stroker Ace' by Lovage. This may have something to do with the fact that it was sent to me while I was away in France and feeling somewhat - ahem - lonely.

'Portions for Foxes' is a great song. I wouldn't call it sexy - but maybe I'm less susceptible to the charms of Ms Lewis than Del is :-)

Del said...

Guilty, as ever. I think it's fair to say that I would.

I am very tempted to do my own shexshy podcast, so..er... inspired have I been by this one. And it'll be your fault! You have been warned...

(Best change out of these 501's first though...)

Annie said...

Merci, Patroclus - it's only PG rated really. Stroker Ace hey, I will track it down. Just from the title it sounds promising...

I googled Rilo Kiley, and I see she has red hair, I wouldn't blame you Del. The search brought up this picture, which Patroclus might also like.

Ooh yes, do a shexsy one, that will be great...

patroclus said...

Ooh, for an 18-rated one, you'll be wanting 'Girl' by Barry Adamson. I was listening to that at work yesterday and totally embarrassed myself, even though no one could hear what I was listening to.

patroclus said...

And ha! Lego Rilo Kiley! Excellent!

Del said...

Genius!