Sunday, October 01, 2006

Design me a logo competition

Things are getting predictable around here, and for that I apologise. Nobody hardly visits me no more but people in search of the foghorn-voiced, surgically-enhanced, canon-straddling ex-wife of Sonny. Now this blog is an old lady of 12 months, it's probably time to step it up a bit - but work is hellish at the moment so I've no time to do anything - here is where you come in, reader - you, yes you, sitting at your computer looking at this here screen, I wish you to design me a logo.

That is what is missing around here. Everyone else has one, now I want one. ( those little symbols which I believe may be called avatars or favicons, they're probably unsupported by Blogger but you never know.)

You can:
Leave a suitable suggestion in the comments
Send me in your designs by email or
if you are really brave or an artist of some sort, you can send me a hard copy by post, and I will faithfully scan it here.

In return, you will receive my eternal gratitude and a stupendous prize, which I have not thought of yet.

11 comments:

David said...

Did you say 'Stupendous'?

Now, I can do stuff for 'Stupendous' ;-)

It has to be simple yet make a statement about you so...

...something invovling your favourite colour and a symbol of your most noticeable personality.. trait.

Anonymous said...

How about a pic of you dressed in a black academic gown and mortar board wielding a cane and straddling a cannon.

Just a thought.

Annie said...

Greavsie, stupendous. So, something red and... um... my most noticeable personality trait? A red bookworm?

Realdoc - ha! I might also have to change the name to Slaminsky's House of Correction.

Billy said...

What about a picture of your favourite television personality?

For my avatar, I was going to have a picture of me slugging from a litre bottle of gin.

Luckily, common sense prevailed and I used the cute doggy :)

Annie said...

Interesting, Billy. Would your readership have been substantially different, I wonder? I know your cute doggy engenders a somewhat maternal feeling when I see it. Television personality, hmmm... I guess my favourite is Bill Bailey, (one of your favourites too hey?) but much as I love him, and indeed would marry him if he wasn't already spoken for, I don't know if he'd give a false impression.

Mike said...

I'm confused. Are you looking for a logo? Or a favicon? Two different beasts entirely.

BiB said...

But what's wrong with your neon S?

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Icons? Graphics?
I crave not such things (since I tend to do without the things I'm bad at, rather than concede to asking someone else to help).
Even my HTML/CSS skills are out of date. Well, deprecated.

Annie said...

Viking - you say tomato, I say tomato.

BiB - it's a bit big.

QE - some of us don't even have out of date HTML/CSS skills...

I like graphics. It's a graphic medium, n'est-ce pas? I just don't have the skillz...

Del said...

I'm always a fan of the old art school favourite, the tampon in a tea cup. Edgy, yet domestic, confrontational, yet buoyed by the prospect of a nice brew.

Annie said...

Ewww!

There is a blog called Tampon Teabag, I do believe.