Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hackney when the sun's out

In the corner shop:

Turkish shopowner: What's up?
Rasta youth: Not much, bro.
Turkish shopowner: What's the news?
Rasta youth: Everything's good. Sorry (to me)
Annie: Sorry (to Rasta youth, it's a very narrow shop.)
Turkish shopowner: What's the latest?
Rasta youth: Everything's fine, man.
Rasta youth: Sorry (I'm trying to pay for my pink sparkly vino.)
Turkish shopowner: Any sadness?
Rasta youth: No no, it's all good. Everything's bless.
Turkish shopowner: Good! (laughing like a lunatic.) Everything's fine! hahahahahaha!


London's a different place when the sun's out.

6 comments:

Billy said...

That sounds like my local corner shop except all the Rastas round my way are elderly.

And obviously I don't have pink sparkly things.

To drink.

Tim F said...

I like to think that Mehmet and Darcus both have blogs, and they mentioned the summery encounter with the mad-haired babe with the fizzy rosé.

emordino said...

Crazy laughing Turk is just the image I needed to kick-start my day. Cheers.

Annie said...

What pink sparkly things do you have Billy? There's no shame in being metrosexual you know.

Ah Tim, you're the only person who gives me compliments, thank you my dear.

Emordino, cheers to you. He was funny.

bedshaped said...

So....am I to understand that it's all good then?

Annie said...

I think we can assume that.