Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sexual tension

I'm watching Spiderman, and I think I've identified the main reason why it's so BORING. There's no tension at all between MJ and Peter Parker/Mary Jane and Spiderman, it's all sweetness and light.

When you think of all the great, truly sexy movie couples, they all sparred with each other, sometimes they were even on opposing sides of the law.

Let's see...

Hans Solo & Princess Leia
Humphrey Bogart & Katherine Hepburn in the African Queen
Batman & Catwoman
Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara
Buffy and Spike
Bogart and Bacall (in everything)
George Clooney & Jennifer Lopez in Out of Sight
My personal favourite - crooked cop Dennis Quaid & uptight DA Ellen Barkin in the Big Easy
Elektra Assassin and Garrett
Lucy and Schroeder...

Any more...?

14 comments:

GreatSheElephant said...

There was Ellen Barkin and Al Pacino in [I forget the title]. That was hot.

Tim F said...

Sea of Love, GSE. I liked that one as well.

Also: Russ Abbot and Bella Emberg.

Marsha Klein said...

Bernard Black and Manny Bianco

ian said...

Barbra Streisand and Ryan o'Neal in What's up Doc.
Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford in The Way we Were
Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway in The Thomas Crown Affair
*Realises he is showing his advanced age and stops*

Anonymous said...

Avon and Servalan.

God, I am a nerd. A crap nerd. A crap, old nerd.

Linda and Spike

Maddy and Jonathon

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Thomas Crown Affair - HUGE sexy tension but I prefer the Renee Russo and Pierce Brosnan.

I think Robert Redford and Christin Scott Thomas in The Horse Whisperer and Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.

Anonymous said...

Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty in Bonnie and Clyde. Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe in Mississippi Burning. (Just joshing.) Stan and Hilda.

GreatSheElephant said...

Gah - it's all very well watching it on screen but I'd like to experience it again before I die. Feels old and unlovely.

Boz said...

Daisy and Tim
C3PO and R2D2
Jake Gyllenhaaaaaal and Heath Ledger
Mae West and Everyone Else On Screen At The Time

Geoff said...

Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn.

Günter Lamprecht and Hanna Schygulla.

King Kong and Fae Wray.

Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner.

Windsor Davies & Don Estelle: "Lovely boy!"

Del said...

Tim Roth and Julia Ormond in Captives.
Rene Artois and Lieutenant Gruber in Allo Allo.

patroclus said...

I remember the Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis characters in Moonlighting having this incredible sexual tension, but then I was a hormonal teenager at the time.

God, I loved that programme.

GreatSheElephant said...

P- they did! Quite amazing really given Bruce Willis.

Betty said...

Morecambe and Wise in That Riviera Touch.