Sunday, June 22, 2008

Things I learned this week

I went to the same college as John Lydon (briefly). I found this in 'Rip It Up and Start Again', it's jolly good.

If you should ever shoplift something that has one of those die-filled tags attached, a simple way around this is to put it in the freezer - the die will freeze and won't explode over your garment when you attempt to remove it. [Not that we advocate shop-lifting - though in these times of economic hardship... Legal Disclaimer Ed]

John McCain called his wife an unmentionable on national TV. And his views on contraception and abortion make him an unmentionable. (seen on Bowleserised, via Feministing.)

A Hackney Labour Counsellor who is a total arse (insulting 7/7 survivors and giving a frightening insight into the mind of New Labour over terror laws.)

'Bitterness is an acquired taste'* spoken by the tutor on a wine-tasting course but it felt like he was speaking to me personally.

Umami is my favourite new word.



*from the days when we were cavemen and bitter meant possibly toxic.

What did you learn then?

6 comments:

Istvanski said...

Did McCain really say that?!?

I went to the same school as David Davis. I guess you get the kudos on that one.

LC said...

>>>What did you learn then?

You should never lick cheese off the grater.

Del said...

I went to the same school as Martin Rossiter from Gene. But I didn't learn that this week.

I did learn that My Bloody Valentine are the loudest band in the world. And very good live.

That Hell is a replacement bus service between Welwyn and Stevenage. On a Sunday. Three hour delay.

And that I am utterly incorrigible.

Annie said...

He really did Istvanski. It's quite endearing really.

LC -ouch! Hahahaha! You idiot.

That'll teach you never to leave London again Del.

Did a young lady tell you that? That's generally a good thing I think.

LC said...

>>>What did you learn then?

Slaminsky = hot!

Annie said...

Aw, thank you, that’s made my day. No YOU are hot. And I won’t tell the internets what you were drinking...