Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Flirting

Eavesdropping on a conversation in favourite cafe on Bethnal Green Road:

Workman from repairs shop next door: "It's the Turkish Delight."

Glamorous girl who works in the cafe: "Not Turkish. The Kurdish Delight."

"Haven't seen you in a while. Had your hair done?"

"No. Well, I do it myself now. I don't go to hairdressers any more, I'm saving for my holiday."

"You had your eyebrows done."

"Yeees.... How do you know these things? How do you notice?"

"I do notice."

"But why do you notice? If you notice so much about a person.... either you hate them, or you really really like them..."

She steps outside to talk to him more and I can't hear their conversation anymore.

People are very cute when they flirt.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

haha, yes, and nosy me would want to hear more! Eavesdropping is good. It's
fun :-)

Annie said...

I wanted to hear more, but would have had to abandon my breakfast in a conspicuous manner.