Thursday, September 22, 2005

Jess and I went out drinking in Rivington Street with her painter friend.
I think it was called the Shadow Rooms, very Shoreditch and cool. (Though apparently those in the know are abandoning Shoreditch for Dalston. If you've ever passed through Dalston, this will make you laugh.) On our way we were
a) accosted by a gang of youths - I was torn between being irritated and being flattered - I'm nearly old enough to be their mother, if I'd been a very bad girl - and
b) shot at by twelve year olds with air rifles, taking aim out of their bedroom window as we passed. This is the price you pay for the giddy excitement of East London.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

How did you handle the gang of youths?

Those 12 yr. olds with air rifles sounds like boys I grew up with :-D

Annie said...

GG, we laughed and ran away. I know, Jess confessed that she and her brother used to fire air rifles at the postman - it was karma!