Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Meme numero 2

Via the glorious Pixeldiva

Try it, go on.

(2 for the price of 1! - see comments box)

Welcome to the 2005 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy this entire blog entry and paste it onto a new blog entry that you'll post. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then publish! Leave a comment if you do this.The theory is that you will learn a lot of little (random) things about your friends, if you did not know them already.

What time did you get up this morning?
6.00 am. Yes, I wince like that when the alarm goes off.

Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. I hear they're a girl's best friend.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Serenity. Thrills and spills aplenty.

What is your favourite TV show?
Weeds, at the moment, about a widow who turns to dealing when she's left to support her family. Very sharp funny writing, and a cool heroine.

What do you usually have for breakfast?
Coffee from the fantastically handy stall which has recently opened outside Bethnal Green tube. Sometimes they give you free biscuits too.

Favourite cuisine?
Italian or Thai, Thai or Italian? Don't make me choose...

What food do you dislike?
Spam. It is just plain wrong.

What is your favourite CD at the moment?
M.I.A, Arular, hated it the first time but it has grown on me.

Morning or night person?
Night. No, it's a lie, in fact, there's only a short period in the day when I'm properly awake - probably between 11.00 am and 12.00 pm. The rest of the time is a struggle to remain conscious.

Favourite sandwich?
The breakfast baguette in Pret a Manger is pretty good.

What characteristic do you despise?
Mean-ness (in the sense of opposite to generosity).

Favourite item of clothing?
Jeans. Or maybe pyjamas.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
Oof, I just get to choose one? India, probably.

What colour is your bathroom?
A dark and depressing shade of blue.

Favourite brand of clothing?
Marc Jacobs. I can dream.

Where would you retire to?
London kills me, but I think after a time I would go stir crazy anywhere else.

What was your most memorable birthday?
My 30th, I guess. Just went drinking in Spain and had a pleasant time, stopped smoking the next day with magical ease. (started again a year later, but nevertheless). Or maybe my 6th, when I got to kiss Steven Trautner during Postman's Knock.

Favourite sport to watch?
You're kidding... alright then, tennis.

Who do you least expect to complete this?
Any of my friends. They don't read here (*sob*).

Person you expect to complete it first?
No idea.

Person who is least busy?
Nobody is not busy. It's the 21st century, goddamit.

When is your birthday?
21st July.

What is your shoe size?
6

Pets?
Only if you count the spider who likes to hang out in our bathroom.

Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
I'm about to learn how to ride a bike! I've just seen this company! (This may not be as exciting to you as it is to me).

What did you want to be when you were little?
Many things. A mermaid. A Charlie's Angel. A flamenco dancer. An actor. A film-maker, a photographer, a masseuse, a painter, a cartoonist... Ah, what happened to all those dreams hey?

What is your favourite flower?
Anemones.

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
23rd of December.

One word to describe the person who you snaffled this from?
Inspiring.

8 comments:

Adrian said...

Not something that would flow on my site. But I'll post it in the comments if you don't mind, and want to know. Delete it if you do mind.

Also, Size 6 shoes? I'm only an 8.


What time did you get up this morning?
8:25am. But I'm working from home. Normally it's 6am up, 6:30gym ...

Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds and platinum. Not for me though. I would buy diamonds and like diamonds but wouldn't wear diamonds.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Flight Plan. It was rubbish but filled time. Which is why I went. Needed a distraction and was getting cabin fever. Went by myself.

What is your favourite TV show?
Weeds is probably up there. The Daily show would give it a tight race to the finish. Lost is very good, but I wouldn't place it on the same level as my favourite favourites like ER or Six Feet under.

What do you usually have for breakfast?
Big bowl of muesli that’s a combination of plain and one with bits of dried fruit in it. Otherwise porridge. And camomile tea. I love coffee but I need to sleep.

Favourite cuisine?
Thai. I like fire in my food.

What food do you dislike?
Full English breakfast. It's not a meal. It's grease and beans and pig.

What is your favourite CD at the moment?
Single is "Breathe Me" by Sia which I have on repeate virtually. Otherwise it's a close run between "The Editors, The back Room" & "Death Cab for a cutie, Plans"

Morning or night person?
Night. Unfortunately. Although I can get up early, I can go to bed really late really easily. Hard habit to break.

Favourite sandwich?
Roast beef / Salt beef on Rye. Smoked Salmon and cream cheese bagel. Spot the heritage.

What characteristic do you despise?
Stupidity. Not not being smart, but not using your brain. Not thinking. Idiocy. Moronism.

Favourite item of clothing?
Jeans. I was pretty much born in jeans and a t shirt.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
Cape Town or Alaska.

What colour is your bathroom?
White with bits of blue.

Favourite brand of clothing?
Don't really have a favourite. I guess Spunky. I do want to buy a Hugo Boss suit one day.

Where would you retire to?
Right now I couldn’t live anywhere else. But I can barely get through the year. Lets leave retirement for another couples of years or so.

What was your most memorable birthday?
Memorable for what reason? I remember my 30th because it was big, and punctuated by me hating turning 30. I remember my 21st because it was a 2 piece party and everyone wasn't wearing much. I remember my 16th because my best mate snogged the first girl I liked.

Favourite sport to watch?
Rugby, cricket, football, boxing.

Who do you least expect to complete this?
No one, I'm not even posting it on my site.

Person you expect to complete it first?
See above.

Person who is least busy?
Everyone. Me Included. I should be working.

When is your birthday?
Feb 14th. '75.

What is your shoe size?
8

Pets?
Terrance. But he died.

Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
I'm seeing a head hunter next week. Although nothing will come of it.

What did you want to be when you were little?
Um, an engineer.

What is your favourite flower?
Orchid.

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
Jan 28th. Going boarding.

One word to describe the person who you snaffled this from?
Cute.

Annie said...

I don't mind - mi casa es tu casa...

Can I just say - poor Terrance. And how lucky are you to do the job you wanted?

Aw, I'm blushing, right down to the soles of my huge size 6 feet.

Adrian said...

Laughs. Um, I don't actually work as an engineer. I was lucky to study what I wanted to study, but work as a management consultant. Which isn't as much as it sounds.

Blushing eh. My work here is done.

Adrian said...

Sigh. That should read "Which isn't as much fun as it sounds" ..

Annie said...

D'oh. I wasn't paying attention, bad teacher.

Adrian said...

You know "bad teacher" could go so many ways ... mostly the kind of ways that get me some sort of reputation for being sleazy. ;-)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Is spam food? I just don't know how that thing ever got sold, in the first place.

I don't like meaness either...I dislike meaness of spirit more than meaness with money, though sometimes the 2 go hand in hand in one person.

Why India, Annie? I'd love to go there, but to specific places. Like Pondicherry and Nainital.

Annie said...

Adrian, you funny. You could find the innuendo in a paper bag. It's like a terrible gift. ;-)

GG, there are so many reasons I'd like to go to India - music, food, dance, art, design, culture, yoga, Bollywood, Taj Mahal, train journeys, Kerala, Rajasthan, Varanasi... plus everyone I ever met who's been falls in love with the place. One day we'll get there. (What a great name is Pondicherry, hey?)