Friday, December 09, 2005

This just in

And the winner of the Great Postcard Race is... *drumroll*
Dcver from Portugal! Just pipped L'Oiseau of France to the post! (A late entry, will read it to them on Monday).

And where, one asks oneself, is Universal Soldier's (of UK) letter, as he sent his first? Clearly our postal system is crumbling, just like the rest of our once great Empire...

Dcver, when I showed them your envelope, one 5 year old cynic remarked "She sent it herself..." But now at least they know where Portugal is. And they were well-impressed with the castle!

Getting proper post through the mail is great, it's a revelation. Resolve to start sending more letters.

More posts about post on Monday.

6 comments:

DCveR said...

So now you know that my post was true... how could I glue that enormous stick and all that postage on the card itself?!

DC said...

Rats! If it doesn't appear by Tuesday I'll write it again :(

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mine will take about 2 weeks. Eek. Or maybe this week you'll get them [I sent 2.] I live in hope.

Haha, the little 5 year old said that? hahahahahaha...

Annie said...

They loved the sticker Dcver. Everyone wanted it!

Don't you worry US - I'm sure it'll turn up.

Thanks GG! Really looking forward to it... Yup, what a cynic hey?

Natsthename said...

I sent one a couple of weeks ago, annie. Wonder why it takes SO LONG to cross the pond?

Annie said...

I know Nat - you'd think planes would be quicker than the postman on foot!