Saturday, December 10, 2005

Picture Post

Let me walk you through my Saturday...

Rae (lovely friend from Barcelona)
and me, not at all hungover. Oh no.
The garden designer's nightmare

The local Christmas fayre. Guess how many sweeties are on Hansel and Gretel's house to win it. They move us on - apparently standing there counting them is "cheating".

A pretty tree on the canal.

Why do the ducks flea me?
Rae de la Gamba in the cafe.

In Broadway Market. I need these shoes.Hackney sparkles.
(Click on picture for full sparkly effect.)

7 comments:

Cream said...

Nice silvery shoes, Dorothy!
When are you off to Oz?

Mike said...

230

That's my guess on the candy house. And I promise I didn't cheat :)

Anonymous said...

I always thought Hackney Sparkles was the glass on the ground from all the broken car windows. ;)
(also known as 'ackney Diamonds).

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I noticed this about pics. taken through windows in England, they always look like it's coooold.

Gee, I must visit England again.

Hm. One day.

DCveR said...

Got to go to Britain one of these days (or one of these years). See London again, spend a couple of days in Cornwall, go back to Scotland for a while...

Annie said...

No no no Cream, Dorothy's shoes were RUBY slippers, but as a straight man (you, not me, I mean) I will forgive you this lapse of knowledge ;-)

Viking, where were you when we needed you?

Rad, ha ha! It's ingenious really, what looks like sparkly lights in the trees are in fact pieces of snapped-off wing mirrors from all the burnt-out cars. Clever hey?

GG, you're absolutely right. This is why so many of the pictures are taken through windows. We daren't step outside.

Don't let that put you off though - if you came over I'd supply you with a duvet and all the whisky you could drink ;-)

Dcver, yes you must!

Cream said...

Oh, Annie, I knew that Dorothy's shoes were ruby but I couldn't resist the comment!
I have seen The Wiz many times!