Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random

Semiotics of birthday cards.

Trying to find a good birthday card for my dad. According to birthday cards, men like boats, (they really really like boats a lot, quite a worrying amount, if you believe the number of cards with boats on them) ties, shaving, beer, sheds and lawnmowers. Men, is this true?

Lateral thinking

Flatmate L told me of a cunning way friends are getting around the illegality of graffitti-ing - they are cleaning away dirt from buildings in order to make their designs. Perfectly legal and the law can't touch them, heh heh. Clever hey?

To the person in Mexico who turned up here looking for '"French producers" of panties'

- I'm so sorry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think beer and lawnmowers are the only things that I'd appreciate. And it'd have to be a souped up ride on mower too. None of yer flymo rubbish! ;)

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Make a card for him. A photo or montage of things about you. Dads like anything that has to do with their daughters.

David said...

Dogs and Football.

Oh, and a naked engine.

DC said...

I think I've read most of your posts. Just how exactly do you think the Mexican chap got here?

Anonymous said...

Should they be looking for '"Spanishproducers" of panties'

Annie said...

Rad - drunk in charge of a lawnmower?

Good idea GG. Maybe I can get the kids to do a portrait - on second thoughts...

Greavsie. My mind is boggling. A naked engine? Is that exciting to you?

US - I think the "p" word came from the name of a cocktail.

Adrian - there will be NO MORE mentioning of panties, we don't want undesirables turning up...

Shit, I did it again.

Adrian said...

You've alrady got me. How many more undesirables can you get?

Annie said...

True, true... ;-)