Friday, February 13, 2009

Kitteh love

I want a cat. I do. In the meantime, I'm cat-sitting Carlos for the week, and I want one just like him, because he's totally soft in the head, and absurdly fluffy. (another little cat comes in the house to steal his food out of his bowl, and he just looks at you with this piteous 'What can I do?' expression...) But apart from the fact that I can't while the beasts are still downstairs, and I'd rather not have an indoor cat if it can be helped, I've never got a cat before because you know they will die before you do, and you'll get all attached to them and then they snuff it and you're devastated.

There's something not quite right about this thinking, I'm just not sure what it is.

8 comments:

GreatSheElephant said...

It is awful when they snuff it but view it as guilt free serial monogamy. I wouldn't have the monsters in my life if Edgar hadn't popped her clogs.

On the other hand, probably better not to get married, have friends, children etc either in case they pop off before you do too.

If you get my drift.

How's the noise since the sound proofing went in?

Anonymous said...

The risk of pain is worth it, really.

LC said...

>>>you know they will die before you do, and you'll get all attached to them and then they snuff it and you're devastated.

I feel the same about women.

QE said...

Going for older women, are you?

Arabella said...

That thinking is normal - I check the husband's breathing when he's sleeping too quietly, and he's younger than me..
Just do it anyway.

Annie said...

GSE, yes, that's what's wrong with it. The soundproofing has at least muffled the TV, the music and his annoying booming voice, if not the dogs. More on that later.

Thanks, Anonymous.

LC, you mean it's not worth getting attached? This is my thinking. Yikes, do we think the same way?

Arabella, glad it's not just me. I will, one day.

QE - right, it sounds kind of sinister.

Lottie said...

If you're getting one get a male outdoor cat - they're less needy. Think long and hard about it because once the deed is done - you'll fall in love and then it will insist on doing your head in on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

I am going to get a cat too Annie - later this year I think. I am going to rescue an older cat - that way they won't want to go outside much and they can live out their last days relaxing and chilling out. If they die then that's ok as long as I know I gave it a better life than living in some shelter. I would suggest a much older cat that sleeps a lot and maybe one that was always an indoor cat. Go on get one!